Happy to share our latest favourite #balancediet recipe. This is a yummy alternative to pasta! Hope you enjoy.
- 2 bunches parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 bunches basil, roughly chopped
- 1 clove raw garlic
- 40 g roasted pine nuts
- 2 – 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Generous amount of ground black pepper
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- 15 g Parmesan, grated (optional)
- 4 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil
- Combine the parsley, basil and garlic into a food processor or a high performance blender. The dry jug works very well for this.
- Process until the herbs have been roughly chopped.
- Add the pine nuts, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Parmesan and olive oil.
- Process again until your mixture forms a lovely green chunky paste.
- Store in a glass jar for up to 1 week in the fridge.
- 1kg zucchini
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- Slice the zucchini into linguini using a mandoline.
- Place into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the pesto and lightly mix in making sure all the zucchini linguini is covered by the pesto. The zucchini will soften slightly and taste amazing.
- Serve cold as a salad or Sauté in a pan if you want to devour this warm.
- Heat a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add half the zucchini (smaller batches work better) and toss through lightly with the spinach until warmed through.
- Serve topped with fine grated Parmesan and a few roasted pine nuts then enjoy.