- 2 cans chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil plus 2 tablespoons, plus 2 tablespoons to drizzle over top as garnish
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika ¼ teaspoon dry oregano
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the chickpeas (garbanzo beans), the lemon zest and juice, the water, the sea salt and the garlic cloves, and process for about a minute to combine well.
- Slowly drizzle in the 1/3 cup of olive oil while the processor is running, until the dip is creamy and completely smooth; you may need to stop the processor and scrape down the sides a couple of times with a spatula to get all of the ingredients well processed.
- Once the hummus is smooth and creamy, spoon it out into a serving dish and sprinkle the cumin, the paprika and the dry oregano over top,
- Serve with carrot and cucumber sticks.