- 400g beef rump steak
- 125g vermicelli noodles
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 x capsicum, julienned
- 1 x cucumber, cut into rounds and halved
- 2 handfuls of bean shoots
- 1 bunch watercress (or spinach), picked
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely sliced
- 1 handful Thai basil, leaves picked
- 1 handful coriander, finely chopped
- 1 handful mint, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cashews, roughly chopped
Dressing: 1 garlic, 1 small red chilli, 2 kaffir lime leaves, juice of 1 1/2 limes, 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 1 teaspoons coconut sugar Prepare the dressing by shaking all ingredients in a jar.
Grill the steak for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking, allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
Meanwhile soak the noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes before draining and rinsing in cold water.
Combine the noodles, shallots, capsicum, cucumber, bean shoots, watercress, lemongrass, Thai basil, coriander, mint, cashews and beef and mix through the dressing.
Thanks to Steph & the Linked Studio for this month’s recipe.