- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 6 large zucchinis, sliced
- 3 vegetable stock cubes or bone broth
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- crushed walnuts or almond flakes, fetta to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the leek, and cook for 5 minutes or until they’re golden and caramelised. Next, add the zucchini, chilli flakes, cumin, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock cubes and just enough water to cover vegetables. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer for 1.5 hours. Add extra salt and pepper, to taste.
- Using a stick blender or a food processor, blend the soup until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Serve between bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of parsley, crushed walnuts or almonds and fetta.