- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 440g (31/2 cups) spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda.
- 2 apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 180g (1 cup) dates, pitted and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°f/Gas 4). Mix together the cornflour, spelt flour and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl. Add the apples,
- dates and honey and mix together. Add 410ml (1 2/3 cups) of water to the dry mixture and fold together. lightly fold in the berries. The mixture should not be too wet; if it is, add a little more flour.
- Lightly spray a 12-hole muffin tin with oil and spoon the mixture into the tin.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.