Overnight oats: have breakfast waiting for you in the morning!
Breakfast is imperative to kick starting and fueling your brain for rest of your day. After 10-12 hours of overnight fasting, skipping breakfast in the morning can often lead to feelings of lightheadedness, irritability, or with difficulties maintaining focus and concentration. Having a morning meal that is well balanced in protein, essential fatty acids and complex carbohydrates helps to balance your blood sugar levels throughout the day and provides you with consistent energy levels.
Get you day off to a great start with overnight oats; conveniently prepared the night before and with no cooking time!
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1-2 Tbsp. chopped raw almonds
- 1-2 Tbsp. raisins or cranberries
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground ginger
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup of desired milk (almond milk, rice milk, macadamia nut milk etc.)
- Optional: Extra almond milk, raw nuts, berries, sliced banana, dried fruit, honey, or nut butter to garnish, if desired
- Mash banana with a fork, then combine with all dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add chosen milk and stir until well blended.
- Place mixture into a mason jar or a container with a seal so you can cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove from the fridge and stir, adding more milk or optional toppings if desired.