The mornings might be fresh at he moment but there’s nothing better than a warming bowl of porridge to start off your morning. We’ve swapped the traditional porridge with oats for quinoa flakes in this recipe and we also love to add other nutritious toppings such as seeds, coconut and goji berries.
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 2 ½ cups almond milk / organic cow’s milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond flakes
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 2 tablespoon organic yoghurt
- In a saucepan heat the almond milk and the quinoa flakes, stir and cook on a low simmer for 5 minutes. Add more milk if required. Add the cinnamon and rice malt syrup and stir through then remove from heat.
- Serve into bowls and top with mixed berried, almond flakes and a dollop of organic yoghurt.
Serves 2 – Enjoy!
This recipe is courtesy of Linked Training & Nutrition